Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Catalytic Converter...

Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nickerz is an unknown quantity at this point
Catalytic Converter...

I can't seem to find any that specifically fit the 2002 Civic HX. I know this is a goofy model and all, but I can't find ANYTHING. What would work as far as a universal?

I'm kinda getting to the point where I might just throw a test pipe in there and an O2 sim.

I have 130K so I'm over the 80K factory replacement, but I heard they sometimes split the difference and give you a new one but you pay the labor. Any truth to that?
Old 12-24-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Catalytic Converter...

well the HX has two separate cats unfortunately. the warranty is for 8 yrs i believe, federal warranty. i dont think its based on mileage but im not sure. otherwise you have to get it from honda. one of them is not a "normal" converter because its used to reduce the extra Nox emissions the lean burn motor produces. im not clear on the specifics tho. check with your local dealer and see if they cover it. call corporate honda too and speak to them. they may play nice and cut you a break.
Old 12-25-2008
Registered!!

jackscivic will become famous soon enough

honda warranty is 8 years/80k miles. you can get a goodwill authorization up to 100k. anything after that and your on your own. if you call honda of american and make a big deal about it they will cover parts, and you pay labor. labor should be no more than 1.5 hours depending on your area. I personally dont like the cheap-o aftermarket one. that being said, i do have a testpipe with a emulator, and its run well for years.
Old 12-25-2008
Registered!!

Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

I recently got a Eastern Universal... at least put one cat back on it if you get a test pipe. i got mine for a dollar + shipping off of ebay. it was made for stuff like a 4.6L F-150... so it's high flow.