Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Control Arm Bent?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juancho007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Control Arm Bent?

Hey Everyone,

After replacing my control arm bushings on both sides (cause they were busted) on my 01 civic, I got an alignment done. I watched the guy do it and the car feels great but there's a problem with my passenger side wheel.. Even though its toe and camber are near perfect, it is visually indented towards the car; what i mean is, is that compared to the driver's side front wheel, the passenger side wheel is not "flush" with the wheel well.

My control arm is definitely bent on the passenger side, and i know it happened due to an accident i had a few years ago. My question is, what else, besides the frame, could be bent and making the aligned wheel be indented and not flush compared to the wheel well.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
Re: Control Arm Bent?

the frame is pretty sturdy, but if the control arm is bent, theres a good possiblity that the bearing might be damaged as well, however depending on how hard it was hit, you may need to replace the lower ball joint too