Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help with SRS on 02 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
panja is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with SRS on 02 Civic

Hi , SRS on my Honda Civic has been on for like 2 months .... finally I got a diagnosis done by a dealer. I was shocked when the dealer said that I will have to replace the SRS wiring harness. The estimate was like $1150 for part and labour !!!! As I wont be able to afford it, I was looking for alternatives. I travel a lot on freeways so I dont wanna take a chance on this. Is there something like aftermarket steering with airbag or some thing that can work on passenger side as I travel to work alone. Any suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks
Old 05-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Help with SRS on 02 Civic

Sorry, what do you want to do... put an aftermarket steering wheel on the passenger side?

Try resetting the light and see if it comes back up.. if it does, then go and check the connections under the seats to be sure nothing is loose.
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

shawn_ashley6 will become famous soon enough

there was a service advisory for defective driverside seatbelt conectors. thats what they said mine was. $450 but i reset the light and it didnt come back on so they said i was fine
Old 05-16-2008
Registered!!

ashleyroachclip is an unknown quantity at this point

I found that some of the dealers are less than honest .
Had a customer , take his car to a Honda dealer , for a new clutch ...a hundred miles down the road , the oil light came on , thet removed the pan , said the oil pick up was plugged .
I got the car back to my shop , and found nothing wrong with the engine , but a disconnected sending unit .
They had also charged for a pan gasket , that had quite obviously been reused , and smeared with orange silicone . My advise , check around .
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

link97381 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shawn_ashley6
there was a service advisory for defective driverside seatbelt conectors. thats what they said mine was. $450 but i reset the light and it didnt come back on so they said i was fine
I believe my car is having the same problem as yours. How do I reset the light?