Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2001 Civic - Fuel Door release problems - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jack123 is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Civic - Fuel Door release problems - HELP!

Well, it was a really really cold day today, and I went to fill my gas. I pushed the gas release and it was quite stiff. After I pushed it down, my fuel door did not release. Also, there seems to be no tension when I push the button down now. Anyways, I had to fill in gas, so we opened the fuel door using a screw driver. This, ofcourse, broke the clip (i.e. release plunger) that locks the fuel door (and now i feel so stupid, because I have now learned we could have opened the door from the trunk without breaking the clip). So my question is, is it possible to just replace the release plunger? Or will the whole assembly have to be replaced? I dont care about the release button not working for now (Ill fix it in summer). I just want that gas door closed.
Old 02-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 Civic - Fuel Door release problems - HELP!

well yea i think you can. also you prolly broke the cable so you may need the part from fueldoorfix.com to take care of that. otherwise even when you fix plunger, it still wont open from the switch