Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

entire EX set up w/ lx waterblock = no egr valve, how to engage vtec?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
entire EX set up w/ lx waterblock = no egr valve, how to engage vtec?

i was wondering. since my car is gonna be back up soon.. i have a full ex block/head/wire harness etc etc but i have the lx water block which houses the egr valve (i think? its the big cylinder looking thing to the left of the valve cover). i understand that you need the egr valve to engage vtec but i have no egr valve since i have the lx water block. the egr valve wire socket is just hanging there. is there anyway i can get vtec to engage without it? i have emanage and i was thinking i could force vtec to engage but last time i heard people dont mess with vtec on the emanage, or nobody has really got it to work. thanks for any help in advanced. let me know if you got anything!
Old 10-17-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: entire EX set up w/ lx waterblock = no egr valve, how to engage vtec?

Does it go into safe mode or something?
I dont see how one affects the other.
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

i dont understand what your trying to ask boiler.. i was running this on my previous set up and i made a lil vtec light to test if my vtec was engaging. came to find out that my vtec is not engaging and i think NOT having an EGR valve is the culprit. is there still problems with d17s and the emanage with its vtec control feature?
Old 10-17-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

I have the EGR disabled in KPro, VTEC still engages. I dont see how the EGR has an effect on VTEC unless the lack of EGR throws throws the car into the 4000 RPM limp mode, which I do not think the EGR valve would do. It has no effect on the car's operation, its just there for treehugging. If you have e-manage and no VTEC, you have a problem with e-manage. If you have a PNP harness thats likely the problem. If I remember right you have to take the yellow wire and the blue wire in the PNP, cut them and join them so as to bypass VTEC control through Emanage. DON'T cut the wires without checking a wiring diagram, I'm not sure. The important thing though is to insure that emanage is not meddling with VTEC. if you think it is, then go into e-manage, drop the engagement voltage reading as low as you can, then see if it engages.
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

i do have the pnp harness. so exactly what wire signals do i have to cut? blue and yellow isnt very descriptive lol. like vtec in/out etc. thanks for your help boiler. +1 for you.

i tried repping you but i dont have enough rep power. lol srry :/
Old 10-17-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

well yeah. I figured that bypassing emanage control of vtec intuitively involved splicing vtec in and out without passing it through emanage.
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

a faulty EGR valve wont harm your car at all... mine throws it for days at a time and disappears and the only difference i saw was a loss of gas mileage
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

thx for the help guys. +1 curious.