Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

orange check engine light soft code?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ccarbo is an unknown quantity at this point
orange check engine light soft code?

Hi for the last couple weeks I have had the orange engine light come on, it is there for a day then goes out. A honda mechanic told me it is a soft code. Both times it came on I filled up with gas but had like 110 miles on already so it isn't the gas cap I don't think. A year ago I had some misfire codes but I ran a few bottles of SeaFoam through it and the code never came back. I haven't had the scanner available when this soft code came on. Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this and what it could possibly be. I am going to try to catch it next time and plug in the scanner and find out. Any suggestions , thanks.
Old 04-21-2007
Registered!!

JeesunUltra is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: orange check engine light soft code?

im also having a problem with my car that dies while running and the check engine lights on. i re-start the car then it runs again for a couple of meters then the check engine lights back on. i tried to shut the a/c, hid, and radio off but the engine keeps on dying. it does the same thing until i rest the car for 30 mins or so.

it happens occasionally but couldnt tell the pattern. the first time it happened, the check engine light turned only once and didnt come on after. couple of weeks later, the engine light came on again. but it went on and on until i get home. a week later or two, same problem happened again.

i brought the car to a trusted mechanic and they're checking it now. i'll post their analysis here once they found the problem. it might be of help.
Old 04-21-2007
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough

from my personal experience i would say its one of your o2 sensors going out on you. i say this b.c one day i would have the cel come on then a few miles of driving it would just go out. had the cel scanned and found out it was my secondary o2 sensor.
Old 04-22-2007
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

could be anything! Im curious why you didnt scan it after the light went out?
Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

I didn't scan it because the light went out. Will it show a code w/o the light on?? My friend has a scanner, I will scan it and see what it says.

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
could be anything! Im curious why you didnt scan it after the light went out?
Old 04-23-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

Mines went out to when I was messing with my alarm like it start blinking then stayed on anyway way I can turn it off?
Old 04-24-2007
Registered!!

JeesunUltra is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my car back. It was the TDC sensor.
Old 05-05-2007
Registered!!

mine light came on again, checked it with the scanner it is was a misfire on cylinder 2 and 3. what is the cause of this? Can't be the coil packs cuz it has now happened on all 4 cylinders. Any ideas??
Old 05-05-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

Mines was the remote starter something went wrong now its gone.
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

this is quite common in my auto class. check your crank / cam sensors. there the only ones the ecu cant substatute a value for. if there bad or loose your car wont run period. if there loose while your driving it could kill the motor.
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

are you talking about my misfire codes ???
Old 05-06-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

It could be fouled plugs, bad injectors, bad coil packs, cam sensor, crank sensor, map sensor. If you don't know what causes misfires, I would have a mechanic run some diagnostics.
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

I put new plugs in it so I know it isn't those. I ran SeaFoam thru it about 5 times so injectors should be clean. I guess it could be a sensor or coil packs. Can a mechanic diagnose the problem even if it only happens about once every couple months??