Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help! Crashed my car yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Help! Crashed my car yesterday

I was going to work when I felt my rear tires slide out. I ended up in a 10 ft deep ditch with a busted right fender, front bumper and missing right rear view mirror. Gonna be expensive.

Anyway, aside from cosmetic I can't get my power windows, doors or turn signals working. The remote does not lock the car and it doesn't honk but the lights flash. I checked the fuse box underneath the steering wheel, all the fuses were intact and functioning 100%. I then get to the engine bay fuse box and all the fuses were not lighting up even though every one was in perfect shape. Is there a wire harness that could have come loose? The entire engine bay fuse box doesn't seem to work, any help is appreciated (pictures appreciated too) in fixing my poor car.

Well, the bright side is that I'm not dead and my air bags didn't deploy... hehe.
Old 02-11-2007

I found a place for the replacement parts but does anyone know what's going on with my electrical? the fuse box in the engine bay doesn't work... blech.
Old 02-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
look for broken wires in the damaged areas. could be grounding out
Old 02-12-2007

yeah, I just did all that... funny enough the ground on the horn was knocked loose. I wired it back up and now have a funny looking/functional car.

I think I'll use this calamity as an opportunity to get me some of them thar led turn signal lights (painted white to match my car naturally)

I'm going to shop around for parts.. the fender is gonna stay generic, as is the bumper but I'm in the mood to change the rear view mirrors to something snazzy. Any suggestions?

Last edited by starstryke; 02-12-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

ryancivic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
hmm if u live in davis i was driving through it on I-80 yesterday at 8am topped the car out at 115 too but anyways im in napa idk. are u in davis CA
Old 03-13-2007

so, 4 weeks later and no resolve to my problem even with a mechanic's help. The bodywork is going to be around $1000 alone and he found the cause of my crash, an almost busted steering column I only noticed the day before the wreck. The electrical sucks right now and I really think there's a ground out somewhere but I have no idea and neither does he (the mechanic).

I have to drive a Toyota Corolla around that shakes like the Indiana Jones ride.. embarassing.

Well, I'm shopping for a Toyota Tundra but if my Civic has been any indicator, never buy the first run of a new model so I'll wait til late 2008 so I can get a good deal. If my car ever gets fixed I'm going to not mess with anything except replace the headlights, do an hid conversion and put in better springs/struts.

Last edited by starstryke; 03-13-2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: addition