Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help Honda Warranty WTF!!??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SDNCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Honda Warranty WTF!!??

So My 5th gear started grinding about two weeks ago. I brought the car in to have them take a look at it, I went out for a ride with the manager. He told me and noted clearly that the 5th gear was grinding. When I was driving with him I shifted a few times from 3rd to 5th because we were driving around town (4th to 5th grinds over 50 mph). He said that they cannot fix the tranny under warranty. He printed a bulletin off the honda fix line saying that owners should not shift the tranny from 2nd to 5th or 3rd to 5th becauce it is terrible on the syncros.

I had even told him I always **** number to number order, and the only reason I was sifting like that was to make him aware of the problem without having to do 50 through the town.

Help what am I suposed to do this seems like a big joke to me.
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
take it to another honda and leave it with them. dont say **** and shift it like normal.