Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Lightpole=Hell... take a look

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indiandude89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Lightpole=Hell... take a look

yeah.. so yesterday was pretty much the worst day ever.. car fish tailed and drifted into a freakin light pole.. entire back right of the car is basically done.. let me know what u guys think.. thanks. and keep the snide remarks to a minimum... i know it was stupid.

link::
Old 12-15-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
O my.

you ok?
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Man that sucks. Everything OK!!
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

yeah im alright... back hurts a bit, but ill be fine... car got towed this morning.. have no idea what to expect from insurance.. u guys think this is totalled?
Old 12-15-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
yep i do
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

man this totally just f-ed up my winter break... I need more of you guys opinion on the car if u think its totalled or not.. I cant wait for the insurance company any longer... its killing me...
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

Keyees is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think its totalled. Your engine is still good and it likes you are just gunna need a new rear quarter panel and rear windshield. Of course some cleaning up and getting dents and scratches out. And maybe some repair to the electrical system. But I doubt that an insurance company would consider that totalled. Lets put it this way Ive seen cars in a lot worse shape driving on the roads. The most important thing is that you and no one else are severly hurt. Just try to enjoy your Break the best you can, this would bum me out too.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

Erikwithak86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Keyees
Your engine is still good and it likes you are just gunna need a new rear quarter panel and rear windshield. Of course some cleaning up and getting dents and scratches out. And maybe some repair to the electrical system. But I doubt that an insurance company would consider that totalled. Lets put it this way Ive seen cars in a lot worse shape driving on the roads.
You obviously haven't been driving that long (17). Cars that are damaged a lot, like you said, why bother claiming it? I've seen cars, especially cars that are as exspensive to fix (HONDAS) totalled for much less damage than that. Just because the engine is alright and it runs don't mean **** about insurance. If they are getting bad quotes about fixing it, they won't hesitate to total it and send him on his merry way.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
^agreed. that rear is totally and royally destroyed. if i was an insurance agent i def would call it totalled cause it would be a lot of bills sending your way to get it fixed. by the time they fix it prob wont be as great since i bet that carried all the way to the frame(could b wrong but its that bad, IMO). + if u were to get it fixed it would take way too much time and alot of rental cars till u get it bak unless the body shop is really good at that stuff
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

if insurance does claim it totalled.. then what would their next step be? would they give me a check of how much the car was worth? I appriciate you guys opinions.. ive always came to this site for my car, just never really signed up as a member. This site is GOLD.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
i hope you had gap coverage, otherwise, the ins comp will pay it's value and you'll be stuck with the diff between that and how much you owe. sorry to hear it man, but at least you're ok. cars can be replaced
Old 12-16-2006
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Um, its not totalled...

If this wasnt, then his wont be (though admittidly my car was close to being totalled)

they replaced the quarter, the trunk floor, the trunk the rear pannel and a whole crap load of other things (I was the #3 car in a 5 car pile up)

Total bill: $6,800 in repairs.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

the car is paid off... so no worries there... car has 50 K on it.. how much you think they will give me for this?
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

damn bro.. hope you were alright.. your back windshied didnt break or any thing? they're probably going to have to replaced about the same things on what happened to your car, no doubt in that.. do u have a pic of the car before they started the body work?
Old 12-16-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
totaled...
Old 12-16-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to say totalled, but if Zzyzx's wasn't, them I'm not sure, 'cause his looks worse. I think it's going to depend on whether the frame is bent or not.
Old 12-16-2006
Banned

Gr33nMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG indian im so so so sorry. Ya well this winter break It snowed here right. So as I was driving home i hit ice my car spun and it hit a curb really hard. The rear suspension was damaged abour 1,500 dollars. Ya so it really sucked bad. Im glad ur ok. Hopefull everything works out. Call ur insurance and ask them for like a price issue. lIke for me i paid half.
Old 12-16-2006
landonab

My wife had similar repairs after she was hit by a semi and he drove over her rear quarter panel. She was driving a 96 civic at the time and they fixed it.

I don't see yours being totaled.

However, here is her car after I did total it....

Last edited by landonab; 12-16-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks totalled, even if it gets fixed it'll never be the same
Old 12-16-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Go look up KBB on your car and then call the adjuster and ask what the estimate was. Simple as pie d00d.

That would have buffed right out..
Old 12-16-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i was e-braking in a freshly paved parking lot, and my car was doing some sliding, and it came real close to hitting a light pole. thankfully, my tires pulled away from the pole in time. thank you BFGOODRICH
Old 12-16-2006
Jam out with your clam out.

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Um, its not totalled...

If this wasnt, then his wont be (though admittidly my car was close to being totalled).
reminds me of my card after getting rear ended, excpet mine was like $9k in damage and noot totaled

Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

i got another picture of the car.. this time its closer.. take a look

Old 12-16-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
id be surprised if it was totaled, unless it has suspension damage, and it looks as if it missed the suspension. Sheet metal and glass is cheap
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough
wow thanks god your okay, good luck but i doubt they'll say totaled...
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

02droppedex is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't look totaled. But every adjuster is different. Look at KBB and see what it is worth. They will look at the amount of tread left on the tires, condition of everything before the wreck. Like tnfaaf said. It looks like it missed the suspension. It does suck and luckily no one was hurt. I spun out last year and slid across the highway. Luckily no one was around otherwise it could have been a lot worse.
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
every adjuster is different and it's really hard telling if they'll total it or not. I was going to say they would until I saw that other vic.
Old 12-18-2006
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
glad yer ok.. i had $7300 in damage to my 02 and they didnt total it... sorta wish they had... but o well...
Old 12-18-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
how about we just wait for the insurance guy to tell us?
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
lol, can you give me your tail lights and tell insurace they fell off? but i had front end dmg on mines, hit a pole straight between the headlights. cost around 2k

Quick Reply: Lightpole=Hell... take a look