Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Lightpole=Hell... take a look

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006
Diamond Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
To put it simply...you are no where being close to totalled.

You see that baby? Notice the radiator in the area where the engine should be? You would think that car is totalled right? Well guess what? Nope. New engine, new everything front end, even some of the chassis is being replaced. $12k in repairs...but the insurance company wants to do it..why? Cheaper than getting you a new car.

In the case of your car, I really don't see much damage.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

inthenameofweez is an unknown quantity at this point
WHAT KIND OF TRUCK IS THAT?????????

Holy hell, there is no engine. The firewall had better have done it's job.

Glad you're alright. Many wrecks will be coming in these winter months.

Last edited by inthenameofweez; 12-19-2006 at 01:01 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
Old 12-19-2006
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
nah its not totaled, last year when i got it by an f350 in the drivers side, everything but the front fender was replaced on the right side, 4,685 worth of damage. ull probably get it fixed but it might take awhile, i didnt have my car for a month.
Old 12-19-2006
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Honda2k4
looks totalled, even if it gets fixed it'll never be the same
Thats actually not true. Properly equiped, a good body shop will not only be able to repair the car well, but actually re-build it better then it came from the factory. Coming from a guy who's family has owned a collision repair shop for the last 20+ years.

If you've had a repair and the car felt different, then either you went to a bad shop (there are 10 crappy shops to every 1 good one) or it was in your head.
Old 12-19-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
daaaaamn i didn't know your car had been smashed to a pulp in the rear, zzyzx
Old 12-19-2006
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by modoman
daaaaamn i didn't know your car had been smashed to a pulp in the rear, zzyzx

My car's actually been hit 3 times now, that one being the worst. Funny, my car only gets damaged when its stopped....
Old 12-29-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Whether or not your car is totaled would depend on what insurance company you have and where in the country you're located. A lot of smaller towns don't have the mechanical knowledge to fix cars that are that bad off, and the insurance companies would rather total it than have a shop charge them a lot more for the repair than, say, a shop in a larger city. From my personal experience, it looks totaled, but I'm not from a really large city either...