Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

blinker issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
blinker issue

I recently moved to the Knoxville area and let's say it gets a bit colder than in Tampa. I've noticed on the colder mornings (like this morning in the low 30s) when I turn on my left blinker leaving the crappy apartment complex that is doesn't turn off. So I push the arm up but there is no resistance and now my right blinker is on. If I let go, gravity pulls it back down and my left blinker is on. Let's say it must be quite confusing for that driver behind me. Then after a couple iterations of the left right left right left blinker it finally catches and will stay in the off position. I believe it also happened once prior to swapping my steering wheel so I don't think I changed anything.

Any ideas? My thought is that the leprichaun that holds the arm in the correct position is too cold and tired. Or maybe I should look into a blinker fluid heater. Anyone have a DIY?
Old 12-04-2006
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
blinkerfluid all the way.....

id recheck yer wires.. if you used electrical tape on anything i would start there first.. that stuff sometimes likes to let go when it gets cold and then restick itself once it warms up a bit...

if that dosent turn up anything you can try replacing the switch.. by then it might be worth it to just take it to honda/whoever and have them deal with it... depends on what you like more.. you money or your time...
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
I haven't changed/spliced anything and the blinker works fine. It's like there is a spring mechanism that should hold the blinker in the off position that is sticking. Like I said, it only happens on the cold mornings and "catches" after a couple minutes of playing with it. It's just not something I want to have to play with while trying to start the morning commute getting onto a highway.
Old 12-05-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
There was a recall for the whole switch, mainly due to the headlight shutting off while driving.
I never had the issue but I received a recall notice in the mail and they replaced free of chanrge.
Maybe they'll fix it without the notice, call the 800 number on the document below, with your VIN # handy..

the recall TSB: http://www.geocities.com/pfeifferper...ghtharness.pdf

other TSB's: http://www.geocities.com/pfeifferperformance/TSBs.html

worst case the part is $26 (part 10 on the diagram and price list): http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...INATION+SWITCH

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 12-05-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-06-2006
Registered!!

I can't remember if I did the headlight switch recall. Was there a headlight switch recall on the Accords? I remember something about dropping off a car for the switch but can't remember which car it was...

And it happened again this morning. Seems like a pin is sticking open and once it warms up a bit it closes and catches. Maybe I should try diverting some defroster to the blinker arm, or avoid using the blinker first thing in the morning.
Old 12-06-2006
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
or just check and see if the recall applys to you and make honda fix it for free....

and well.. yeah... pointing the heater at it sounds like it should help...

or even better than that.... get a remote starter installed... it is srsly the greatest thing to ever happen to me... not that i ever need it in socal.. but it was great when i lived in mass