Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replacement of black molding/weatherstripping on coupe door?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBP EX will become famous soon enoughEBP EX will become famous soon enough
Replacement of black molding/weatherstripping on coupe door?

I'm talking about the black piece at the point where the bottom of the window and the top of the door meet. I don't have access to a camera to take a picture, so that's the best I can describe it. The dealership calls it moulding. It's where your arm would rest if you had it hanging out the window with the window all the way down. Anyway, the black is coming off of mine and the chrome underneath it is showing through, so I bought a new one. Now I'm trying to figure out how to take the old one off and put the new one on. I didn't find anything through searching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. T.I.A.
Old 08-10-2006
spoiledsteph

how much did it cost? Cuz mine is doing that also.. on both doors.
Old 08-10-2006
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
ya for real...bump for answers......
Old 08-10-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
sounds like a pain...

no clue tho...
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

it was only $27, surprisingly....a lot of money for what it is, but i thought it'd be more from a dealer. i'm willing to bet it could be found cheaper elsewhere...

Last edited by EBP EX; 08-10-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm 27 dollars isnt bad at all. I too thought it would be more than that especially coming from a dealer. Good deal though...hope someone can help ya on ur question. Good luck
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
well if you can pinpoint which strip you are talking about, I can tell you how to replace it. go to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and link to the page and number of the part being replaced.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...DING-PROTECTOR

it's the bottom strip in the picture on that page (part #4).....but i figured out how to take it off....you have to basically stick a flat head up under it and pry it up....it popped out pretty easily...

Last edited by EBP EX; 08-10-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2006
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
take the mirror off...yank off old molding...install new molding
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

the mirror doesn't have to be taken off....it would make it easier to get to the front part of where the molding attaches, but i didn't have any trouble with it by leaving the mirror on...

don't get me wrong, I appreciate your help, just trying to save other people unnecessary work...

Last edited by EBP EX; 08-11-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

vino is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replacement of black molding/weatherstripping on coupe door?

yeah i know this is from a year ago but i am having the same problem on my sedan. the driver side front and rear are peeling and the chrome underneath is showing. does anyone know the part number or can give me a link to it? thanks in advance
Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

You can find the part number in one of the previous links.
Old 09-09-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

would it be stupid instead of replacing it, to take it off and repaint it.. theres no chome showing on me but it looks crappy.. can i jus repaint it? u think itll hold up when it comes time to wash my car or what? bump!