Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

problem installing my aero kit-----HELP-----

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry problem installing my aero kit-----HELP-----

today was the day i decided to install my aero kit but it was raining out so i couldnt do the sides but i was able to pull my car about half way into the garage so i decided to do the front but of course i ran into a problem. Everything was going good until the 3m tape part. i noticed right away that the front of it seemed a little too far away for 3m tape to be able to hold it but i was hoping it would...of course it didnt and now there is a gap in the front and i dont like the way it looks, i tryed stretching it and putting massive amount of force on it but it still didnt hold...anybody have any suggestions. I took some pics of it below and i must say it looks amazing except for the stupid gap

Old 07-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
mine has some gap too. you dont even need the tape, just the bolts and stuff. but a body shop could bend it for you. i say leave it the way it is.
Old 07-12-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
yea i used every single bolt, clip and screw that came with it, now that i look at it the gap isnt that bad...is it possible for it to shrink over time from baking in the sun? it sits in the sun for like 8 hours while i work everyday...tomorrow i install the sides and i hope that goes well
Old 07-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea actually urethane has that habit. when i first got mine it felt like rubber almost it was twisting all over. now i think it would snap if i tried that again. it gets alot harder and tighter over time. well i've had mine for 2 yrs or more
Old 07-13-2006

yea mine is really flexible, i think that might be why it can hold the grip of the tape...hopfully mine will harden and shrink over time......

one last bump, im gonna be installing the sides in about an hour..so far im just gonna leave it how it is

Last edited by RHCP0801; 07-13-2006 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-14-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
Looks pretty good. I don't think anyone would have noticed the gaps had you not pointed them out...

Oh, when you blacking out your headlights?