Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Whine/rubbing sound from engine. Quick help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Whine/rubbing sound from engine. Quick help needed.

When I first start my car I get this sound like a belt is rubbing or something. its kinda whiny, almost like a weak supercharger. But more of a rubbing sound. Changes with engine speed, so its something attached to the engine/tranny.
Sometimes it just stops making the noise, usually after a minute or two of driving.
The belts all looks ok and show no wear, although it just started recently.
I just would like some opinins as to what it can be before i go into the garage.

Should I be checking the pulleys to see if they are on tight? What else, other than pulleys and belts, can this stupid sound be?
Old 07-03-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
if it is a higer pitched whineing sound, it sounds like your tranny man.
Old 07-03-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Yuppers. 2nd gear just started to slip.
Sucks. But at least 1st if perfect. 3rd and 4th seem fine too. just second.
Well its off the the dealership i got it at and hopefully covered under warranty. Its a toyota dealership and it was used, so the warranty is a little different from hondas.
Old 07-03-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
get it flushed out and it should help it out a little.
Old 07-03-2006

Well ill just have them take care of everything right now. its an auto i should mention.

yeah, better get it now before the whole thing is siezed and wont move at all.