Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Short Throw/ Exhaust Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al_Coholic is an unknown quantity at this point
Short Throw/ Exhaust Issues

First, I have a B&M short throw shifter, and when I first installed it it would rub up against the stock exhaust pipe. Right now I'm running minus 1 exhuast hanger so that the dumb thing doesn't rub up against it, so I can actually shift lol... So my first question is has anyone else had a problem like this and how did they fix it? Also, anyone know where I get get my hands on some nice, big extended exhaust hangers for a 2000 Civic EX?
Secondly, I'm buying a whole new Catback system anyway, and I'd like to know that if the stock exhaust barely clears the shifter now, will the new, 2.5 inch piping be even more likely to rub up against it? Or will extended hangers fix that?
My first post, and thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
>ban<
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
A shifter rubs an exhaust?

WTF?
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
it should fit alright with an aftermarket exhaust system, its just that on the 6th civic they used the linkage bars that are under the car as you know and mix with the stock exhaust thats hangs really high = some type of hitting/rubbing you could try different hangers but i probably won't work, just wait till you get the cat-back
Old 03-24-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
again BAN^^^
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Al_Coholic
First, I have a B&M short throw shifter, and when I first installed it it would rub up against the stock exhaust pipe. Right now I'm running minus 1 exhuast hanger so that the dumb thing doesn't rub up against it, so I can actually shift lol... So my first question is has anyone else had a problem like this and how did they fix it? Also, anyone know where I get get my hands on some nice, big extended exhaust hangers for a 2000 Civic EX?
Secondly, I'm buying a whole new Catback system anyway, and I'd like to know that if the stock exhaust barely clears the shifter now, will the new, 2.5 inch piping be even more likely to rub up against it? Or will extended hangers fix that?
My first post, and thanks in advance.
what year is your car?????? that is the main question
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Um I said 2000 Civic EX... and does anyone know any online stores that sells some good, stiff extended exhaust hangers?
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Um I said 2000 Civic EX... and does anyone know any online stores that sells some good, stiff extended exhaust hangers?
alright smartass since i didnt see the 2000 civic ex when i read it ill let that fly but you should really try to be a little nicer to people that are trying to help. i actually know of several places to get hangers but since i am such a dumb *** why bother giving you any advice
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by familycar
alright smartass since i didnt see the 2000 civic ex when i read it ill let that fly but you should really try to be a little nicer to people that are trying to help. i actually know of several places to get hangers but since i am such a dumb *** why bother giving you any advice
Uh... he's not being a dumbass, he's being real. He said 2000 EX on his first post...
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ramcosca
Uh... he's not being a dumbass, he's being real. He said 2000 EX on his first post...
i now i called myself a dumbass he was being a smartass. but if he wants real advice then just take it to a good exhaust shop they have all the parts needed to fix it. plain and simple
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Yeah, that.
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Yeah, I'm not trying to be a smartass familycar, I was just telling you I already said it. And my question about if you know any online stores that sell these things still goes unanswered... I'd much rather buy the things online. I've googled it multiple times and I cant find extended ones. All I want is a site address.
Old 03-24-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I'm not trying to be a smartass familycar, I was just telling you I already said it. And my question about if you know any online stores that sell these things still goes unanswered... I'd much rather buy the things online. I've googled it multiple times and I cant find extended ones. All I want is a site address.
http://www.meineke.com

come on, just be real man.....take it to a muffler shop...
Old 03-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Would this help?
Old 03-24-2006

someone lock this already
Old 03-24-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
the EK and EG tranmission styles are different from 7thgens but how can it be that your B&M shifter is affecting your exhaust? This car is very different, but I heard Maxima STS are installed under the car......................
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

the reason your not finding extended hangers is because they usually come in a cut to length scenario. if you are lookin gat stock hangers its because your looking for a direct replacement, which doesnt exist. you will need either just some round stock steel or some weld on hangers. no one sells them that will just bolt into the stock location with a longer hanger. it will take some fabrication that is why you should just take it to a professional. " trust the midas touch" LOL