Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My car doesn't start sometimes....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Si Gurl is an unknown quantity at this point
My car doesn't start sometimes....

hey everyone! sooo i got into my car today and it wouldn't start! i tried 3 times and finaly the forth time it started... This has happened in the past before in cold and hot weather? does anybody know why this is happening and what i can do to fix it thanx guys
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
the first thing i would check is if the battery terminals are not all corroded, then if that is the problem check if the battery is still good, then check the alt. see if the is that good or you could take your car to autozone or a shop to let them do a electrical test.
Old 03-19-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Check your grounds and the cables on your starter. Jiggle um see if they are loose. Tighten if need be.
Old 03-19-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
clean the metal tips? on top of the battery with sandpaper, sometimes that can cause it not to start, if it still doesnt start after than i'd check the starter but its way too soon to get that checked out.....gas pump prolly?
Old 03-19-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
battery, grounds, plugs, and plug wires. Get some regular copper plugs for $8. I know on my car using iridium my car wouldn't start at least once a day, just kept cranking. Switched to copper and it starts up 95% of the time.
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

Si Gurl is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you i will try that!!!!
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

GA_Teg is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure but mine will not start sometimes, for some reason it will not read the key. Just take the key out and put it back in and it starts fine, kind of weird.
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

Sypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GA_Teg
Not sure but mine will not start sometimes, for some reason it will not read the key. Just take the key out and put it back in and it starts fine, kind of weird.
Does the car have an imobilizer? It could be a problem with either the chip in the key or the car's imobilizer problem