Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

squeaky clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
squeaky clutch pedal

soo..my car is an 03 lx 4dr 5spd....and it just hit 30k miles....and when i release the clutch the pedal is squeaky i would take it to the dealer but i dont trust them and to top thing off my headlight blew anybody have this problem..i know its not serious..just annoying....hmmm..what you guys think

edit...^^a lil confusing..i know the headlight and sound are unrelated..haha..i was just venting bout the light
Old 03-10-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
There are couple of threads about the squeeky clutch already, try searching.
Old 03-13-2006
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
If you bring it to dealer it will cost u 400+ cuz they will say it is the master cylinder. Actually it is the fork that needs to be lube and is not an easy job. Just turn on the radio and ignore it.
Old 03-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dacivic
If you bring it to dealer it will cost u 400+ cuz they will say it is the master cylinder. Actually it is the fork that needs to be lube and is not an easy job. Just turn on the radio and ignore it.

thanks...+1 for you....its annoying and i only hear it when i let out the clutch slow..but yeah time to upgrade the speakers
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
my clutch started creaking when i push it in slowely. i just got wd-40 and shot it in a couple places under the dash - tried it again and it was fine.
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HondCivc91
my clutch started creaking when i push it in slowely. i just got wd-40 and shot it in a couple places under the dash - tried it again and it was fine.

sounds easy enought...will give it a try +1 for you
Old 03-15-2006
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, its a way easy fix. in fact, i did it yesterday during my lunch hour and i still had time to make lunch and watch cops! lol

take off the cover under the steering wheel, the one to expose the fuse box. then under that theres a black panel cover, take that off as well. get down under there and look for where the clutch pedal pushes a rod through a little hole. spray the **** out of the hole as well as on the rod with WD 40. then get a paper towel and clean up the over spray. push the pedal a few times, spray some more. that'll fix the inside noise.

mine still has a bit of a squeak on the outside (engine compartment) but thats an easy fix as well. just couldnt do it on my lunch hour.

i tried just spraying WD-40 up toward the clutch pedal blindly, that didn't work too well, you gotta get up under there and spray where it actually makes the noise.

Last edited by manthatguysfast; 03-15-2006 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-14-2006
Registered!!

asdf54 is an unknown quantity at this point
alright, looks like im going to try this also
thanks guys
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the rough
Re: squeaky clutch pedal

I wouldnt really recommend putting WD40 into where the piston rod for the slave meets the pedal, I would use white lithium grease instead. I had this problem for a while, and it turned out to be the pin that the clutch pedal pivots on. If you go up under the dash where the previous people have stated and look where the rod meets the pedal, and then look .5inch up from that, you will see a pin/ pivot point, lube it up.
Old 12-18-2008
Registered!!

jackscivic will become famous soon enough

silicone gel spray for the piviot point, and white lithuim for the rubber part. it only needs to be replaced if its leaking fluid. this will be very visible. dont fall for the dealer tricks. its the slow season. they will take any hours they can get.
Old 12-26-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johnnyboy5000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that it's gotten a little cold in Las Vegas, the squeaky clutch has come back. It squeaked like two years ago and I used white lithium grease into the master cylinder and that fixed it. Time to do it a again. Get the type with the long straw so you can squirt it inside.

Two years I tried changing the clutch pedal spring to get rid of the squeak, but it still squeaked with the new spring. White lithium grease is the way to go IMO.