Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Noob Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unborracho is an unknown quantity at this point
Noob Question

New here and need a little help please. Well 96 civic shut off when driving turns over but wont fire up. Has power no engine trouble lights I here fule pump prime pulled distributer cap off it turns checked ignition fuse it was fine. When I pulled the wire to see if I had spark there was none. What would be my next step or where should I start any common problems or advise?
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
could be bad plug wires or sparkplugs. check those first.
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

I dont think that would be it because I have no spark from any wires but I will start there first and the car was running when it shut off.
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
check for a faulty coil or module
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

Ok I was trying to figure out what the problem might be and I notice the alarm light just stays on not blinking and when I use the clicker it locks but no noise and still the light just stays on. It is a alarm put on at the dealer Karr brand is there some type of fuse for it???
Old 12-27-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ignition coil. plugs themselves, wire, or bad ground.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

Where would I find a free online idiot guide for replacing a distruster for a 96 civic ?
Old 01-05-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
dealer will let you borrow their book if you ask nicely
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
autozone.com