Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

well im lost and the honda scanner didnt tell me nuthing

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h0nd4_r1c3r_X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Question well im lost and the honda scanner didnt tell me nuthing

My car was involved in a crash a while a go.. took me a while but its back to almost stock condition....

Ever since it came back from the shop both the SRS and ABS ligth have been flickering at random... abs one even when i accel in neutral... SRS only when in motion... Also the ChkEng ligth was on... i took it to the dealership and its not on anymore... but now i see a unplugged wire above the pedals... i have no idea what that wire does or where it goes...

Also the car has been loosing electrical power completely at random... first the headligths get very dim and then turn off and the car starts wanting to shutdown... but if i accelerate it it regains power... the baterry is new... and im not sure if this is normal but headlights dim a bit when the car is not in movement and go full into bright when i go over 2k revs...

honda guys here are total ****** and they overcharge since there is only one honda dealer here... also hondas here are pricey vehicle so parts are pricey too...

plz help!...
Old 12-06-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
something is wrong with the wiring. Even if the alternator isn't working properly, the lights would still draw 12v from the battery. Maybe they forgot to put a ground wire back in place. it sounds like the abs is screwed. I quick fix is to remove the fuse and just put tape to cover the light. You won't have abs, but at least you won't have a broken abs that might cause an accident if it decides to act out. the srs is more serious cause the airbag or seatbelt might not deploy. Did you take it anywhere to fix after the crash?
Old 12-06-2005
Registered!!

the bodyshop took care of everything... after i left the shop i took it to honda... that about it... they scanned the ecu to no results.. they wouldnt actually know crap even if they were swiming in it... and they only have the low end Vtec disguissed as a EX here... either that or jdm EXs with the cat in the engine bay...

and i forgot the mention 2 things... first the rigth wheel.. the thing that holds the bolts its aparently fkd up... since the wheel woobles and the disk aint it... and i only have the air filter and air filter casing above the throttle body... i removed the rest of the plastic intake parts...

just after i left the shop one of the headlights burned ... i suposed it was because the headlight got broken and water got into it or sum...

oh ALSO... THANK YOU GEARBOX for the promt response
Old 12-06-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well a quick fix for the headlights would be a new wire harness from suvlights.com cause it is separate except for using the stock switch to turn em on. Then they draw power directly from the battery (and charging system). Is your dimming minor, like going from 14v to 12v? cause then the alternator is having problems keeping the voltage up so you go back to battery power. Your car should be able to run on just the battery for a short while too. so the fact that you are losing alot of power to the car makes me think its a grounding problem or damaged wires.
Old 12-06-2005
Registered!!

could be either... i must be the alt... that was a guess in the middle of a pc game ... figures theyd want me to buy a new alt... 30$ to check.. im going on monday... it could be the wires too since i was in a crash...
Old 12-06-2005
Premium Member

have the alt and battery checked for free at autozone or advance. heck any auto place will do it. they have code readers too.
Old 12-06-2005
Registered!!

erm...
if(me != USA) then {
autozone=0;
good_dealers=0;
good_anything_car_related=0;
rice && true = good;
}
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

gearbox i got it rescanned at honda...

They told me the ABS module [whatever the heck that is] migth be damaged... A friend of mine that works there told me i should check the wiring first.. before buying the part since here it costs 1.5k US$... also they have no idea to why its shutting off...

they checked the ALT and said its sending the normal 14volts[werent they supposed to be the normal 12v?] so im screwed...

any ideas? oh btw do ya have the part# and a photo of the ABS module if u know wut it is[im guessing u prolly do..]?
Old 12-13-2005
Premium Member

antilock brake system. the alternator makes 14v when the car is on and working. when off the battery is 12v. i'm not sure what the abs module is, but if it costs that much no way would i replace it. you don't really need abs anyway it just vibrates the brake pedal if you're stopping on ice and stuff. i don't know how it could go bad.
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

... i was in a crash... i slided .. i left 90 mts of skidmarks... and i was doing barely 90km/h.... there was a little sand on the road... but the breaks on the vic ... well ive never trusted them.... well i brake hard they sound like crunching and the car keeps moving... beenm like that ever since i bought it.... its the reason i crashed... since the car didnt stop i had to avoid 2 cars diagonaly ... i ended with 2 less teeth... lots of blood on the clothes... and a huge bill of honda parts... btw 1.5k bougth here... its prolly 400 us in the US... they charge triple wut anything honda costs... hence the vics being luxury cars here... a 2006 sedan... dx is around 30k US dollars...
Old 12-13-2005
Premium Member

that sucks. when someone rear ended me and i slammed the breaks, it felt like the pedal went to the floor and made very bad sounds. the guy hit me going 40 so i wasn't thrown too far but the brakes were okay after that. just kinda ruined tires and maybe rotors. but abs didn't come on.

okay take pics of the wire that is unplugged. that shouldn't be like that. then check the engine grounds. there should be one going from engine to radiator support, another from battery to tranny and chassis.

like i said before, there is a way to disable abs i think by pulling a fuse. trust me you are better off without it. only thing it does is let you steer while stopping. otherwise abs brakes take longer to stop than normal brakes!
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^when I was going through a turn in snow, ABS didnt even let me turn until I took my foot off the brakes.
Old 12-13-2005
Premium Member

^ there you go, its completely useless then.
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I always thought I could turn with ABS but guess not, since this is my first car with 4 wheel ABS, but I think it does help with straight line braking with a manual tranny since it doesnt lock up the wheels in the snow.
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

ermm isolated incident... it did save my **** once... i was hydroplaning on a street... i had my brakes all the way in... turning is what saved me... idk.. i just like abs... but if i cant get it fixed ill pull the fuse
Old 12-15-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DDragon7
^^when I was going through a turn in snow, ABS didnt even let me turn until I took my foot off the brakes.
how did ABS keep you from turning? all it does is pulse the brakes, it has nothing to do with steering column. If you are saying that you turned the wheels and the car didn't go in that direction, then the ABS saved your a$$ because had you had your foot on the brake without ABS and you turned your car would have spun like a top. With out ABS you still slide, just far worse.
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

^^Nah, I know that corner, and I take it almost everyday, so it jus felt like the usual when driving my dad's corolla with no ABS.
Old 10-19-2012
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough
Re: well im lost and the honda scanner didnt tell me nuthing

One 7 year old thread wasn't enough? Looks like your spammer a scan tool for people to use.
Old 10-19-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: well im lost and the honda scanner didnt tell me nuthing

looks like it was spammer, he have been deleted from the forums