Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car Battery Dead For No Reason????

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Car Battery Dead For No Reason????

ok well last winter, i think around january there was a huge blizzard that dropped about 3 feet of snow in two days, i didnt drive my car obviously for those 2 days, then on the 3rd day i tryed to start it up and it was dead, it cranked the first few times, than nothing after that. I have no stereo mods at all, everything on the car is stock except for the intake and i have 3 pillar gauges, volts, vaccuum and oil pressure, they have been installed for a while so its not like i just had them in and the car went dead, it was really cold but i think it didnt go down past like -5, but with the wind chill is was prob like -30, and it wasnt just that day where it was that cold, but still i have no idea why it would do that, its been good ever since than, no problems at all, i just dont want this to happen again this winter, theres still the same mods on it as last winter, nothing new, anyone have any suggestions on how this could have happened or how i can prevent it this winter, and i only had the car brand new for like 6 months before that happened . thanks
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted
i dunno man **** happens i guess?
Old 11-03-2005
Banned

Silver7thgen_ex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Its not just because **** happens. When it gets cold, and any car isnt started, the battery loses charge. Best thing to do in abnormally cold weather, is to start your car and let it warm up to operating temp, and shut it off. it keeps the alternator charging your battery when youre not using it.
Old 01-05-2009
Registered!!

Schuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Car Battery Dead For No Reason????

Yeah man my civic does this too. Seems a bit odd that the battery is so small in these cars, i just put in a new duralast 450cc battery, and it still died when the weather dropped below -10F. SO i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the best winter battery for a civic or maybe where i could find a cheap battery remount kit for a bigger one, or even if someone could point me in the direction of a cheaply priced battery/block heater.
Old 01-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

they now have 500cca batteries in group51 size, either autocraft from advance auto or oem from the dealer. shouldnt be more than $100 even at the dealer. i have one and love it (autocraft titanium). if the battery dies in only a few days, somethings wrong with the way you drive the car (too many short trips) or you arent topping off the electrolyte inside with distilled water every couple months. if the level falls below the plates inside, goodbye battery. make sure you also check the production date of the new battery before you buy. its on a small sticker and has numbers like 01/09 for january 2009. do not buy a battery more than a couple months old.

Last edited by gearbox; 01-05-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2009
Registered!!

Protan988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interstate makes a 525 CCA Batteries for civics
Old 01-11-2009
7th gen old timer.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

way to bump a 4 year old thread...