Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

trunk lock ... help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steven10 is an unknown quantity at this point
trunk lock ... help!

well... i locked my trunk from inside the car a while ago.. and now that i try to unlock.. it turns in the unlock position but when i pull it wont come up like its still in the locked position... what can be the problem!... please help... it wont pull up like its in the locked position when the key is in the unlocked position
Old 10-25-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
i would pull the lock housing apart, if you have some idea of what you are doing, and see if catch that prevents you from lifting the lever has come off of the lock itself. if it has you can move the latch there, and then reattach it. Hope that makes sense
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
I've got the same problem. BUMP
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Well. I had once a same problem.
I take the lock housing apart and try with the key and with hel of the hand and it workt. Basicaly your key is wornt out. Playing a litel with the key and put some WD-40 will help. People don't use frquently this feature and so the lock can be considered brand new but your key is worn out.
Making a new key will help. If you whant a new key, you hav 2 options:
1. Original key with chip from dealer (about $40)
2. From locksmith shop for $4 (but in this case the key is not good to statr your car).
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
The trunk lock is the crappiest security feature ever.
One screw + some plastic clips is all that holds the plastic trim in place so anyone can unlock it without a key because its so easy to expose the internals.

What probably happened to your car is that the key turns but its not turning the metal tab that clicks the latch.

If you aren't getting a clicking sound and/or spring-like feeling when you lock/unlock it, that means the little metal tab popped out of place.

Take the plastic trim apart and once you see the internals you will know what I'm talking about + you'll be able to fix it.

Last edited by LiKEaFeRiO; 10-25-2005 at 02:24 AM.