Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help me please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005
Abortion Survivor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Help me please!

Well i put my car together and now the idle goes like 1300-2000 1300-2000 just keeps doing it and doing it and doing it. It only does it after i press the gas or after i drive it. when i first start it i have no problems please help me.
Old 09-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
You need to get it hooked up to a diagnostic scanner which will show engine parameters in real time. My best guess is the idle air control valve, but its far too expensive to just go replacing parts without a proper diagnosis.
Old 09-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Michalo187
Well i put my car together and now the idle goes like 1300-2000 1300-2000 just keeps doing it and doing it and doing it. It only does it after i press the gas or after i drive it. when i first start it i have no problems please help me.
What exactly did you do to your car? You said you put it together. My first guess is you forgot to hook something up.
Old 09-30-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
I had the head off I already checked mostly everything nothing looks dc
Old 09-30-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Have you dont the idle learn procedure yet? The manaul recommends this after the timing belt is replaced. But since you had the head off, the timing belt came off so it should be done.

To do it, make sure all accessories are off, start engine and hold it at 3000 rpm with no load in park or neutral with a manual tranny. untill the radiator fan comes on. The let it idle for 5 minutes with throttle fully closed.

See if this fixes the problem. It should, otherwise I would double check everything. Since you had alot of components removed, something may have gotten overlooked.
Old 09-30-2005
Abortion Survivor

Alright i will let you know know what happens later on i did not know this thanks for more info you seem to also help me in my moments of stress
Old 09-30-2005
Registered!!

Alright i will let you know know what happens later on i did not know this thanks for more info you seem to also help me in my moments of stress
thats what I am here for.
Old 10-05-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I am having the same problem. What you want to do. Let the car idle. and have a spray bottle of hot/soapy water. Spray it around the TB and see if there is any air leaking. You may have blown the spacer between the sensor. Which is like a gasket sort of. It can blow like a gasket and is a 8 dollar piece. I ordered one yesterday, before I order a 2-300 sensor I think it was close to 3, and only honda carries them.

So go see if you have a vacuum leak around the TB, and if so, replace that part first, and check all hoses, and make sure that nothing blew off under boost.

Good luck!

Peace

oh, and a messed up idle will not damage your car, but will damage your nerves very very very very quick. I know what your going through right now, I am doing the same thing. I put my car in first when on idle, hold the brake, and let off the clutch slightly til the rpms drop. Than after a few seconds I press the clutch slightly in and let out of gear slow. It idles around 1000 for about 15-20 seconds than. lol
Old 10-05-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
its soooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying though! but hey, at least my car is driving. I have still had girls hit on me in the 2 days its been running, haha.
Old 10-05-2005
Abortion Survivor

This one was a leak now with the new tb i got a new leak i think but haven't had time i started a new thread to see if other people with the same tb have this problem
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

This one was a leak now with the new tb i got a new leak i think but haven't had time i started a new thread to see if other people with the same tb have this problem
so I assume doing the idle learn procedure didnt help? Are you for sure you have a vacuum leak?
Old 10-05-2005
Abortion Survivor

No it fixed it but now i installed a tb and the same thing happened
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

No it fixed it but now i installed a tb and the same thing happened
well if the first porblem went away with the idle learn prodcedure then you installed a new TB, and its happening again, either it wasnt installed right or you need to do the idle relearn over again. Anytime you replace those kinds of items, the idle relearn needs to be done. try that first.

Well since I just now realized you installed a bored out TB, talk to gearbox and see what he says, I believe he had the same problem.

Last edited by streetglower; 10-05-2005 at 04:40 PM.