Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Right Side Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shawn02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Right Side Rattle

My car is almost a year old, and i notice a hollow rattle sound on the right side plastic that goes upward by the tweeter and rearview mirror....the dealer "couldn't isolate the sound", but my buddy did when i turned off the radio, and he pressed on the molding pieces to see which parts were making noise....anyone else hear this?
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

01CivicEXs is an unknown quantity at this point
I am glad to know that im not the only one... I get that hollow rattle noise from both sides of my car....its comes like u said, from that plastic trin above the tweeter next to the windshield... i found it out one day cuz i pressed it down and it stopped...
eventually it started doing it on both sides, now whenever i go over bumps or drive rough terrain all i hear is a bunch of bubbly creaking...its such a pain, and I really havent found out what to do about it yet...hondas are usually solid, i know this one is, but the plastics in this car seem to rattle a lot...
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Shawn02 is an unknown quantity at this point
well when honda told me nothing was wrong, they also claimed to put some foam in the door molding ' just in case'....obviously didn't do anything....i wanna take it in to the dealer again and put a post it note where the rattle is ( got that idea from another post) and maybe that'll fix it.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

01CivicEXs is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a good idea, yea i read the same post....however dealers never wanna do anything about it, and they lie to you that they made a mod when they really didnt....i think the problem is...just as it is with the back cabin rattling...that the dash and all other moldings havent been sealed down well, probably cutting costs or somethin...i just wish all the rattling would stop, I gotta live in this car for the next 6 years at least~
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

HONCIV2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear that noise all the time, is there anyway to get it fixed. I can't say I am too happy with all the noises coming from the inside. Anyone else experiencing noise around the steering wheel???
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine car door was so bad that even backing out of the drive way you could hear the plastic molding rattle. I took it to honda and they said that there is a service bulition for the right side door. The tech explained to me that all they have to do is place foam strips between the door and the plastic molding.
My advice, take it back to honda and dont leave till they fix it! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

Vinas is an unknown quantity at this point
I get the same rattling as well, took it to Honda and the service guy heard it. I have to book an appointment to get it fixed.

Apparently, he said they are going to take the door apart and use some kind of 2 sided tape to stick the molding together.

<< Mine car door was so bad that even backing out of the drive way you could hear the plastic molding rattle. I took it to honda and they said that there is a service bulition for the right side door. The tech explained to me that all they have to do is place foam strips between the door and the plastic molding.
My advice, take it back to honda and dont leave till they fix it! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
>>

Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

SilverCivicLX01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone here isn't the only one... I had my rattle ever since I bought the car.

I have rattles in the front-passenger door, rear speaker panel, and at the front-passenger seatbelt adjuster. I have already taken it to the dealer 4 times in a 3 month period, and they all said they have "Located" the area, but ended up saying lies and got nothing done.

Funny story... I explained to the service deparment where exactly the sound is coming from (rear speaker panel) and they told me the rattle was at the spare tire (where it's fully tied down)... hahaha!

Happy Driving! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-12-2002
Registered!!

kori is an unknown quantity at this point
ugh, but mine only rattles sometimes. some days my door will rattle, some days it's the rear panel, some days the passenger door, some days none, some days all..........

my uncle and i bought new cars around the same time and when i went to visit him and my grandmom, i took him for a ride in mine then he took me for a ride in his (2002 corvette...drool...drool...)
the back panel started rattling for the first time when i was driving him around, i can't tell you how stupid i felt, suddenly i was secondguessing honda's quality reputation
Old 02-12-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Almost every single rattle all of you are talking about on this thread can be easily fixed by yourselves. If you do a search for rattles, there are several solutions floating around. I must've had 10 (yes 10) or so different rattles and squeaks in mine... fixed em all myself. Now I don't hear anything, even in super cold temperatures.