Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

need help rattling noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicPesek is an unknown quantity at this point
need help rattling noise

my car make rattling noises like two steel hitting together everytime I put in 1st gear. the noise start when I start driving and soon dissapear after i hit like 10mph or above..
first I thought it was my intake, and so after I cleaned it the noise dissapeared but not for long.. I checked it to Honda and they said they can't check the noise because I have an aftermarket intake and I was like WDF???

other thing I noticed that everytime I push the clutch pedal, there's noise like it needs some oil? again I checked it to Honda and they said I need to replace my clutch master cylinder. that thing cost $360 so I was wondering is it ok if I just leave it like that? or is that some thing that it needs to be taken care off seriously?

any input would be appreciated
Old 09-09-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Check the diy on the squeaky clutch fix. It's usually just lubrication. Can't help you with the other noise.
Old 09-09-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
might be a dead lizard in your resonator hehe I pulled one out of mine once...don't ask me how it got in there...