Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Shaking/Miss-firing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DemonMade is an unknown quantity at this point
Shaking/Miss-firing?

Recently I replaced my engine in my 95 civic ex with another stock 1.6vtec as the old one blew a piston and now has a softball sized hole in it...anyway sense that was done, it now has some major hesitation during/just after idle and sometimes a bit during actual driving. It doesn’t do it every time I idle, and mostly only while I’m in gear, and it doesn’t it to varying levels of severity. what it accualy dose is shake like mad like its miss-firing. Iv replaced the distributor cap and rotor, replaced the fuel filter, checked the exhaust for clogs and had the computer scanned and I cant for the life of me figure it out. Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
well the first thing I would check is to make sure that you hooked everything back up where it is supposed to go. More then likely either you forgot to hook a sensor, ground wire or a component or hooked something up wrong, or a component is bad on the new engine. the only reason I suggest you double check everything is because you just installed the engine, and mistakes can happen.

If after you checked all that, turn the engine on and let it run for a bit and then pull the plugs and check them to see what is going on in the engine. you can also check to see if each cylinder is getting spark and fuel.