Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

WTF?!?! My windows jus stopped...windowing..

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
visionJDMstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF?!?! My windows jus stopped...windowing..

yea..it happened a couple days ago..I got into my car after class..rolled down my windows cause it was freakn hot..then all of a sudden both my passenger side windows roll up w/ out me touching anything..at first i was like..wtf?!? "white noise" action up in here ..but then I started smelling somethin burning..I look at my window controller thingy on my side..and I see smoke rising up from out of it..anyone know what could have possibly happened???

lates
Old 02-06-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
short circuit i'm guessing?
Old 02-06-2005
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
^^ i agree with Nameless
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

visionJDMstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
coo..yea that was my first guess too..what you guys think I should do?? cause Im kinda clueless on electrical stuff like wiring nd stuff..I usually let my cousin help me out on that stuff..any suggestions would help out alot..thanks
Old 02-06-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
open both door panels and see how the wires/harness are. from what i read, seems like your driver power window hardness/wires are fried and gotta head down honda and pay the price. it wont be much though.

if it happened from act of nature, then u can take it into honda as long you got your warranty and they should be able to repair under warranty.
Old 02-07-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
i have a brand new driver's side window controller if you need one... lemme know
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

EX4Dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if you are out of warranty, Honda may be interested in fixing it and seeing what casue this. Provided you have not messed with the wiring before. This kind of case can cause a fire and may lead to recalls if this happens to be widespread.

If you have not taken the panel off before, I would definitely take it back to the dealer and explain your situation. If the dealer is unwilling to repair it, write a letter, again explain the situation, to Honda of America customer support. I can't see why they would ignore you. They have a lot to loose in the future if this turns out to be a true manufacturer's problem.
Old 02-12-2005
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
you better hope your motors aren't fried...

if the switch shorted and caused both motors to be stuck on even if the windows are all the way up, there will be a ton of current going through the motor....