Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

inside door handle is pealing

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
inside door handle is pealing

my drivers side door handle is pealing.. the one on the inside.. you know the ugly "chrome" one... the "chrome" stuff is pealing off.. im at 33k so im my guess is its not covered... i looked on hondaautomotiveparts.com but im not seein the part anywhere..

lil help
Old 01-24-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ONT+DOOR+LOCKS
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bullseye is an unknown quantity at this point
im at 33k so im my guess is its not covered

The bumber to bumber warranty period is 3 years/ 36,000 miles. Unless you have owned the car more than 3 years , I would take it to the dealership.
Old 01-24-2005
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
part#35? or is that just gunna be the handle assembly?

id rather stay away from the dealership.. the parts guy at mine is worthless
Old 01-24-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well it's cheaper with the link I gave. They have discounted prices. And yeah you need the whole assembly since the handle is part of it.
Old 01-25-2005
Go Team Venture!

all the kids chime in

"thank you gearbox"

+++
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah I would try to get it replaced free, you don't have to go the closest dealer, Honda warranty is nationwide. that's on Honda, don't pay for it.
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

vipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trusted
I am on my third one of those. I had one replaced at 17,000 miles then another at 34,000 miles just before my warranty expired. I am now at 64,000 and it is peeling again.

Same thing with the stupid A/C vents. I had those things changed many times too, they just won't stay where you aim them after a few months. Service Manager told me that is just how they are. I told him, go look at a new civic, the vents stay where you point them. Replace the Fu(king vents.
Old 01-26-2005
Premium Member

The vents forget it. I've found that if you pull it out and squeeze it together really hard, it will stay firm for a while when you put it back.

Lol ^^ that sounded bad
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

vipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trusted
Originally Posted by gearbox
The vents forget it. I've found that if you pull it out and squeeze it together really hard, it will stay firm for a while when you put it back.

Lol ^^ that sounded bad
LMAO!!! That did sound bad. But seriously what do you mean take it out and squeeze it. Are you talking about the vents in the center of the dash above the radio?? Or the ones on each side of the dash??
Old 01-27-2005
Go Team Venture!

hehe just the vents.. wrap a flathead screwdriver in a papertowel and just pop the vents out.. then pop the adjustable part out.. then squeeze the "housing" a lil bit.. it should stay in place then... you can also put a tinyittybittylilbit of silicone in the peg holes for the vents.. like seriously just a drop.. you will have to fight with it the first time you want to move it but after that it will hold nomatter where you put it..
Old 01-31-2005
Go Team Venture!

it came in today.. its different.. the stock one has a chromed handle.. the replacement one has a rubberish one.... which i like a lot more... damnit.. so now i have to order 3 more... damnit.. i dont wanna spend money on stupid **** like this... but then again.. its the lil things that count..... .... ... damnit...

anyway.. heres a side by side of my painted stock one and the new one

and heres my painted stock one with the replacement handle... i like it so much more.. however i do need to paint it a darker black and hit it with some clearcoat to match everything else a lil better...
Old 01-31-2005
Banned

koolaidman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by againifall
my drivers side door handle is pealing.. the one on the inside.. you know the ugly "chrome" one... the "chrome" stuff is pealing off.. im at 33k so im my guess is its not covered... i looked on hondaautomotiveparts.com but im not seein the part anywhere..

lil help
its under warr...go get a new 1
Old 01-31-2005
Go Team Venture!

i like the black more.. problem solved.. cept now i need 3 more for the rest of the doors
Old 01-31-2005
Banned

i like the black more.. problem solved.. cept now i need 3 more for the rest of the doors
cough its going to chip if u paint it
Old 01-31-2005
Go Team Venture!

strange... nothing else has..

stfun
Old 01-31-2005
Banned

strange... nothing else has..

stfun
yes its going to...think about it those other pieces u painted...how much do u touch it??? the handel do u gently return it to its starting point no...ur going to chip it EVENTUALLY
Old 01-31-2005
Premium Member

i like the new ones better than chrome
Old 02-01-2005
Go Team Venture!

me too...

group buy?
Old 02-01-2005
Premium Member

so which ones were they? Maybe for the lx instead of ex or something. Which part number and what model car? I have an 02 ex sedan and they're chrome. Also I don't like that chrome H on the wheel.
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

VTEC01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
My 01 EX came with all black plastic handles. I believe all 01's did, and then in 02 the sedans got chrome handles, and in 03+ everything has chrome handles. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i have an 04 VP-Dx and my handles are the black/plastic stuff