Auto Transmission failures Post your issues with auto transmission failures here. 01-03 have had a high failure rates

Transmission slip

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poysynfree is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission slip

Hey guys wanted to know if anyone could help me out, yesterday while in boston driving to maine I was doing about 80 miles an hour and my shifter kicked out of 5th gear. I thought it was an isolated incident so I placed it back into 5th and could feel the shifter shake as I accelarated and it popped out once again. I slowed down threw into 4th and it was fine. The next morning I went to a dealership in boston to find out if there was anything to be done, the service manager after looking at it told me that I could drive it back home to New Jersey using 5th gear if I just kept it in gear by applying pressure to the shifter. That worked for awhile then it started popping out even when I did that so once again I went into 4th and drove all the way home. My question is, has anyone encountered this problem, what was the deal with it, and was it covered under warranty once you got it fixed? My car just broke 9000 miles and I called the place where I bought it as soon as I got home and the tech was like " well it should be covered, but I'm not to sure yet ". I dropped my car off tonight and hopefully will know what the deal is by tomorrow, I just hope that I don't have to pay anything cause I can't really afford to get my car fixed right now. Any help will be greatly appreciated

The Nick
Old 12-13-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BabyLX is an unknown quantity at this point
I had that problem with 2nd gear, they replaced it free of charge I ended up getting a brand new transmission put into my car, but they re-installed my old clutch improperly and screwed it up, so now I'm getting a new clutch system installed free of charge! Now All that needs to happen is my engine blow up or something and I'll have a brand new power train!