Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'03 EX Sedan fuel filler

Old 07-02-2004
Hat
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hat is an unknown quantity at this point
'03 EX Sedan fuel filler

First off, I have a 2003 EX Sedan... I was getting gas today, and noticed that the small, spring-loaded metal flap over the fuel filler (which gets pushed in when you insert the fuel nozzle) was missing. Now, I may be crazy, but I could have sworn my car had one of those before. I've had this car less than a year, so maybe I'm still thinking about my old one... but I find myself worried that this piece may have come off and is now floating around in my gas tank. I won't have a chance to take the car to Honda to ask about it until Tuesday, so, basically my question is:

Does the 2003 EX Sedan even HAVE one of these flaps on it? (A friend has a 2004, so I know it doesn't have a flap... I'm specifically asking about the 2003 model).

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-03-2004
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2001 doesn't have one. To my knowledge, this is not a feature of the 7th gen.
Old 07-03-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
huh? I don't even know what you are talking about. I don't think it has one. I mean, theres a place to put your gas tank cover, and a lil slot that hooks to close it, but nothing like what you have mentioned.