Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Hand BREAK!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hand BREAK!?!

My hand break seems to be coming up a lil too much on my 2003 civic ex coupe. when i pull the hand break up.. the car can still role after 5 clicks from the hand break... and when i put it to where it will hold the car in one spot.. its basicly sticking up in the air.. does anyone know how to fix this crap cus it looks ugly as hell and gets really annoying... if u kno how to fix this.. could u help me out??????????/?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????/
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

cosmicjim is an unknown quantity at this point
you need your e-brake cable adjusted ... im not entirely sure how its dones, but im sure if you pull off the cover, there is a bolt you can tighten to adjust the cable.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

jedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi ,
Mine is the same , and although it does`nt "say" in the manual , the number of "clicks" is 7 . At the piont , it should hold the car in drive on level surface.
I thought mine was a bit lose so I took it back for the dealer to check and they said "it could use a small adjustment , but at seven clicks it does hold the car" , so they sugested that I wait for awhile as it may get loser or even be "a-ok"
I hope this helps.
O-- don`t start counting until you actuly hear the clicks, my hand brake has quite a bit of "play" before it even starts to click. I think thats why I thought it was to lose to begin with.
jedi

Had the same thing with my 88 RX-7 and never had it adjusted (forgot about it)
My Dad`s has a Saturn and about 2 or 3 clicks and your squealing rubber, that is tooo tight !!
Old 07-30-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
search on the site for the "DIY: adjusting e-brake" or hand-brake..... easy.