Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New Canadian here with questions on 2015 cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bikergofast is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New Canadian here with questions on 2015 cars

Hello all, just took delivery of a blue 2015 LX today, my first Civic, but second Honda. 2 questions right now:
1. Why no 2015 section of the forums?
2. What break in procedure should I follow? I drove home in Econ mode but now I fear it's too easy on the engine. I know from breaking in motorcycles you need to rev them to get proper bed in.

Thanks for all your tips, I hope to own this girl for many years.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 09-11-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: not forums questions, rather questions about 2015 cars
Old 09-11-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Canadian here with questions on 2015 cars

2015 civics are in the 9th generation. We just haven't split 8th (20006-11) and 9th (2012-15) generations into their own sub forums yet. There really wasn't a huge community of 9th generation owners, much less a huge community for 8thgens, either, so we've kept them together. This forum started off as a forum mostly dedicated to the 7th generation (2001-2005), but around 2005 or so, the forum changed owners and made it a forum for all years. You'll notice an overwhelming presence of 7thgen owners out there, as well as a large chunk of users with slightly older models.
Personally, I'd love to have a larger population of newer civic owners, but we really haven't had a lot of newer generation civic owners stick around very long.

As for break in, I'd just drive normally, easing on the side of gently for the first.. 500 or so miles.

In any case, welcome! Enjoy your time on the forum. There are many users with a vast knowledge and can help with whatever problems you may have.
Old 09-11-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

1. Why no 2015 section of the forums?
It's a 9th gen car.
8th and 9th gens are kinda lumped together in this site, the cars are not drastically different.

So please mention your year and model info whenever you start a thread so we know at a glance what you have.
2. What break in procedure should I follow?
Meh, I'd just drive it like a normal sane person.
Look in your owners manual, see if it mentions break in period.

DO NOT change out the original oil early.
Run it until
the maintenance minder pops up its 15% service reminder notification, or
5000 miles/8000 km, or
one year from purchase date

Following the minder is usually preferable IMO, but read up in your owners manual how this is supposed to work.

If you let the minder do its job, it varies service intervals based on driving conditions. I've seen some want serviced as low as 4000 miles (6400km), and I've seen others allowed to go beyond 12,000 miles (19,000km). It all depends on how you drive and the conditions you drive in.

HTH
Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bikergofast is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah thanks guys, the manual does mention the first 1000km to drive easy and brake lightly.

Sold my 98 Accord this morning, almost shed a tear.

Last edited by Bikergofast; 09-25-2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling / grammar. oops