Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

need help with rattles from my system

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bspol is an unknown quantity at this point
need help with rattles from my system

after puttin' in my new system, i'm havin' a god awful rattle comin' from the driver's side around the taillight but it's not the taillight that's rattling. i'm also havin' some pretty bad rattles from the rear deck that are gettin' on my nerves. i've gotten the trunk rattles stopped but i can't figure out how to stop these. if u have any suggestions or know how i can fix these ****'s....drop a reply.....thanks
Old 07-17-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
I stopped my rear deck rattles by stuffing rags into the area beneath the rear deck, from the trunk area. If you look up at the deck from below (from the trunk area), you'll see a bunch of metal sheet holes. Just stuff some rags (or socks) as far up as you can into 3 or 4 of the holes, and also the 3rd brake light area..... make sure you wedge them in tight in between the deck and the metal sheeting. My deck has been rattle free ever since.

Last edited by Ronin; 07-17-2003 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to get rid of rear deck rattles, it's a BIG project. Everything has to come out so you can sound deaden the area with dynamat and put foam strips between the plastic deck and window. It really helps with rattle and speaker sound quality. You probably have subs, so stuff will rattle regardless. Just turn the volume down!
Old 08-04-2003
Registered!!

targetpractice is an unknown quantity at this point
The rattle you are hearing is not coming from the tail lights or anything, if you pull back the side cover you will see some sort of vent there with a rubber flap. One of the most annoyin gthings in the world but its easy to fix, for me I just put some duct tape over it, also helped out with the sound of the system since there isnt as much sound escaping through that flap. You can also look under your car behind the drivers side wheel and you will see this flap. Any questions let me know. Hope this helps