Electrical Post information/questions/Issues about Electric parts here.

2008 Civic Hybrid - How to know if/when battery was replaced

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obenmiloud is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 Civic Hybrid - How to know if/when battery was replaced

Hi guys !

I'm looking to join the Civic family and am currently shopping for a 2008-2010 (within my budget of 5k CAD) in good condition. I stumbled across a Civic Hybrid that is sold at a dealer who got it from a trade-in. It's in great physical and mechanical condition, but the dealer did not have any information on wether the battery pack was ever replaced or how old it was, just that the car "passed inspection".

In my research across the wide web I saw that a high number of 2003-2011 HCH owners had battery IMA issues, and came to the conclusion that it would not be worth the investment (although it's full equipped and the gas savings are astronomical) if the battery was not replaced recently. I have not found anywhere how to figure out the information I'm looking for. Does any of you experts have any idea where to guide me for this? As of right now all I have is the car's serial number (ViN?).

Thank you very much !
Old 01-31-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2008 Civic Hybrid - How to know if/when battery was replaced

Look for a sticker like this in the drivers door jamb.

The cars did not come from the factory with this sticker..
The presence of this sticker only indicates the IMA battery has been replaced with an updated unit from Honda, as opposed to some aftermarket replacement unit.
This sticker does not tell how old it is though.

Maybe your dealers service department can find something about it in the service history and tell you.