Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

2006 auto shifting hard

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigram is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 auto shifting hard

Hey guys, we recently purchased a civic for my young fella and the fellow we bought it off of thought the transmission was gone. He changed the solenoid on the transmission along with the fluid a couple of times and did not fix the problem. It’s still shifts oddly but sometimes seems fine. I’ve been reading about the transmission fluid pressure switch and was wondering if that would have anything to do with it? It just seems to shift at a higher rev sometimes and holds there before shifting. sometimes it’s fine and the car is driveable as is Either way.
something else I noticed that I thought was odd was when the car is running and you turn on the fan switch on the dash of the car both of your cooling rad fans turn on. Turn off the fan switch on the dash in the fans stop. Is that normal? Thanks
Old 12-05-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 auto shifting hard

It’s still shifts oddly but sometimes seems fine.
Got fault codes?

when the car is running and you turn on the fan switch on the dash of the car both of your cooling rad fans turn on. Turn off the fan switch on the dash in the fans stop. Is that normal?
Radiator fans MUST run whenever the compressor is engaged. Compressor will run by default whenever the controls are on any defrost setting