Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Misfire Cylinder 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicjames24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Misfire Cylinder 4

I currently own a 2007 1.8 Civic.

I was driving to the local shop on Sunday and had no issues. I went in the shop, done a bit of shopping and came out, and my car was limp. Had no power and the engine management light came on as well as the VSA.

Spoke to a mechanic friend who suggested it was the coil pack. Checked by running the engine and unplugging each one listening for a change in the engine note. Cylinders 1,2 and 3 all had a drop but cylinder 4 had no change in the note. Changed that coil pack and all 4 spark plugs for good measure. Started the engine and the light came back on. Plugged into a code reader to try and switch the light off however was still reading misfire cylinder 4. Swapped the new coil pack to cylinder 3 to check I had not bought a bad coil pack. Still the same cylinder 4 misfire.

I am now stuck as where else to look into this. What seemed as an initial easy fix has snowballed and now I'm unsure what to do? Has anyone experienced this fault?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,905 Likes on 1,342 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Misfire Cylinder 4

You really only need three things for combustion: compression, fuel, and spark. You replaced the spark plug and coil but you still need to make sure they're actually producing a spark. Two other things to check after that still.
Old 12-16-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicjames24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Misfire Cylinder 4

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
You really only need three things for combustion: compression, fuel, and spark. You replaced the spark plug and coil but you still need to make sure they're actually producing a spark. Two other things to check after that still.
Hello, can confirm they are producing spark and also had the car hooked up to a compression tester last night. No issues with compression either. Looking at swapping the injectors round tonight see if that could be the cause.