Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wing0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Will this work?

If i were to get the Step 2 Polish and Gold Liquid Wax from Meguiar.
Would that work better than using the Step 3 wax?
Does it really matter if i get the Step 2 polish, dunno if the gold liquid wax has polish in there or not.
Also, since i'm in Canada with the brutal winter, i was thinking of applying Nu Finish right before winter to protect the car better. Is that a good idea?
Can i take off that wax with Dawn when the temperature goes up again and apply Meguiar?
Thanks!
Old 06-03-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
the proper way would be to use a paint cleaner first, then a polish, followed up with a good coat of wax...

i use step 1-cleaner/ 2-polish/ 3-carnuba wax...but i also switch waxes occasionally

Old 06-06-2003
Registered!!

Intermezzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Gold Class wax by Meguiar's has a small amount of cleaners in it. It's actually a very mild cleaner wax...so don't use it after doing step2...because you'll be removing the "glaze" you just applied. Instead, use a wax with no cleaning properties...like step three. If you have your heart set on the Gold Class wax, just use it alone. Personally, I'm not a big fan of one-step product...especially GC (very poor durability).

The proper way to use the three step would be to use all three steps once or twice a year and every month or so, do steps 2 and 3.

Using NuFinish to help protect your car during the winter is a good idea...as traditional wax has no chance of lasting through it. I'm not a big fan of NuFinish though. Just saying that using a polymer sealant instead of a traditional wax during the winter is a good idea.

No need to use dish soap to remove NuFinish. When winter's done, just apply the three steps. The first step will remove whatever's left of the NuFinish. Chances are, the NuFinish will be long gone already.

Last edited by Intermezzo; 06-06-2003 at 02:40 PM.