Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Removing water spots from polished surfaces?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Removing water spots from polished surfaces?

I've been trying to get the water spots off of my intake forever.... I've tried everything from simple windex to metal polish. No luck whatsoever. It's nice and shiny, but the marks are still on it. Does anyone know of a product that will take the marks off? Since the intake heats up, it wouldn't surprise me if they're "baked on"... but I'd like to try to get them off if possible.
Old 04-23-2003
Civicforums Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
wenol polish
Old 05-02-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
im not sure if the polish will work but to prevent this from getting worse, everytime you wash the car clean the intake with soap and water and then dry it off.
Old 05-02-2003
Registered!!

justacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
First thing to try is simple VINEGAR from the kitchen, sounds crazy but, works great! After that try a cleaner wax, then try a paint cleaner, then a compound, etc. Basically you need to have some type of abrassive to remove the spots(if the vinegar doesn't work). Good luck!
Old 05-03-2003
Registered!!

Slumpert is an unknown quantity at this point
The bathroom cleaning product called "CLR". It does a fantasic job of getting water marks off chrome bathroom stuff. Kinda caustic so use a glove and keep it off anythng thats not shiny metal. Vinegar would be my first choice too, it is a weak acid also.

Slump