Oxidation on polished wheel lip - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2003   #1  
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
Oxidation on polished wheel lip

I got lazy and idealistic and never took my wheels off for the winter. Well, I cleaned them up a bit today and noticed that on the polished lip there is some oxidation. Does anyone know any methods of getting rid of this? It's just little spots all over the place. I haven't tried a polish yet or anything, but it's oxidation I doubt it's going to come out that way.

Any suggestions?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
nytejade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003   #2  
Registered!!

666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a set of cheap *** Primax wheels on my winter car and they have the same thing wrong with them that you do. The road salt "ate" it's way through the clearcoat and the lip is oxidizing, I guess the only way to fix it would be to remove the oxidation and re-clearcoat the lip with some clear spray paint or a similar product.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] and TAKE YOUR WHEELS OFF IN THE WINTER!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003   #3  
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
or wax them frequently
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote