Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Scratch Removal????

Old 01-29-2003
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scratch Removal????

Hey everyone, I know this type of stuff has been posted before, but I have a quick question relating to it. I haven't waxed my car for around a month because I just got one side of my car repainted and when that cures I want to wax it as one. Well, even before I got my car painted, my car has been pretty scrached, most of them are fine scratches, and I previously used meguiars scratch X on the whole car, but that didn't really rid of most of the scratches. If I try the 3M Swirl Mark Remover for dark cars, I have a blue civic, will I see better results on getting rid of all these scratches if I go over the whole body with it? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicdude will become famous soon enough
ZSK, Swirl remover will only remove swirls.....and very light scratches. You may need to go with some 3M rubbing compound. This compound is Clear Coat save, and it will remove surface scratches as long as they arent tooo deep. This product will also clean the paint of any oxidation that may be on your car. I recommend using 3m glaze after removing the compound from the car, and then go over it with a high quality carnuba wax.