Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

paint on underside of trunk lid all scratched up

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
paint on underside of trunk lid all scratched up

Stupid me transported a table with a large round iron base in my trunk without putting any blankets around to protect the paint on the underside of the trunk lid. So now the painted is scraped off in several areas from the iron base rolling back and forth. I'll call myself stupid one more time to save you guys from calling me that (though I know one of you won't be able to resist).

Anyways..... I'm too much of a p*$$y to get outside in the cold to touch up the scraped areas with touch-up paint. Does anyone think it will be a problem if I let it wait til springtime? I figure the scraped area isn't exposed to rain and the cold weather should slow oxidation. Am I wrong? Should I just get my butt out there and apply the touch-up paint? Will the paint do it, or should I apply something on top of the paint (wax?)?
Old 11-08-2002
Civicforums Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Who's going to see it but you...just go put some touch-up on it
Old 11-11-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Its just the trunk. This shouldn't matter unless its a show car, but if it was a show car, you'd get out and fix it (on top of not transporting stuff.) So, it doesn't matter if you wait to touch it up coz its a controlled environment basically. It won't rust or anything like that. Just be glad you didn't strap it to your hood like it was a deer. There's not really a reason to wax it afterwards, it'll be more of a pain than its worth.