Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Cleaning Power Steering fluid

Old 10-22-2002
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Cleaning Power Steering fluid

I am working on installing a system in my girlfriends '93 Altima. She had a big bottle of Power steering fluid that opened and spilled all over her trunk, and it has been that way for awhile. The fluid is all over her trunk and it is in her wheel well....I figured we can clean this out. However, she took the carpet to the laundry mat to wash it. She called me to let me know that the fluid did not come out. What can I do to get this fluid out of the carpet?? I can probably just scoop out the excess in the wheel well with a cup, but the trunk is still greesy as heck. I am mainly concerned about the carpet though.

Any suggestions? Thanks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: fonto
I am working on installing a system in my girlfriends '93 Altima. She had a big bottle of Power steering fluid that opened and spilled all over her trunk, and it has been that way for awhile. The fluid is all over her trunk and it is in her wheel well....I figured we can clean this out. However, she took the carpet to the laundry mat to wash it. She called me to let me know that the fluid did not come out. What can I do to get this fluid out of the carpet?? I can probably just scoop out the excess in the wheel well with a cup, but the trunk is still greesy as heck. I am mainly concerned about the carpet though.

Any suggestions? Thanks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
If it is like my buddy's '00 Altima SE, the trunk carpeting should come out...drag the carpet out, maybe take it to a powerwash carwash (do-it-yourself kind) and spray the hell out of it...let air dry and you should be in business...another thing you could use to clean it is Woolite Oxy Clean...just used that last nite when detailing a rather dirty backseat on a car we detailed....

2Hottie