Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Thank god for Mothers California Gold Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prelube is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank god for Mothers California Gold Clay Bar

So I came home Friday night to discover my 2 month old civic was covered in some kind of speckeled hard funk.

It was impossible to get off, even after washing and repeated attempts of rubbing there were no results.

Being the idiot I am, I ran up to Kragen to pick up some Tar/Bug/Crap Turtle Wax remover. It worked pretty well, but I had to apply about 3 coats of it. This seems to have removed the finish on my bumper (although my metal seems fine for some reason...).

In frustration, I run up to get another product that might work better on my finish. I pick up the 3M equivelant of the Turtle Wax remover, only to find it didn't remove anything. I even let it sit for 4 minutes. I was rather disappointed.

In my last trip I remember someone on these forums talking about a clay bar. I picked up Mothers California Clay Bar kit which contains a finisher, the bar, and some wax.

Applying the finisher liberally on the spots that were affected, the bar removed the specks in about 40 back and forth motions with almost no pressure at all.

While my front bumper is hosed as far as the finish, the back bumper and sides of my car are completely okay [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]. I thought I would need a new paint job for sure. Just wanted to share my two cents.
Old 10-21-2002
Registered!!

nochopstix is an unknown quantity at this point
im glad it worked out for you man
Old 10-27-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough