need suggestions: new bumper gritty/sandy feel - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2002   #1  
Registered!!

mosdef is an unknown quantity at this point
need suggestions: new bumper gritty/sandy feel

ok, i just got home from the dealer and had to replace my rear bumper. anyway, to save money i did everything "under the table" (not through Honda) and a friend that works there got the new bumper painted and slapped it on for me. question is... i got home and took a closer look at the rear bumper and it has this gritty kinda sandy rough-not-so-smooth feel to it. is it just a bad paint job or dirt or what. after the installation, i had a quick hand wash and its still gritty. i didnt do the washing so i dont know if i should just wash it again and scrubb harder or what porducts shout i use or what.... i dont know. thats why im here.
oh yea, forgot to mention the bumper was painted few weeks ago and has been sitting in the stock room; when we got it out, it was covered in dust.
help me out guys... any suggestions will be awesome.
mosdef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002   #2  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
There is a possibility there is dirt in the paint....You may try to clay it the next time you wash it, that might get the roughness out.
civicdude is offline   Reply With Quote