does removing wax remove clear coat? - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2002   #1
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
does removing wax remove clear coat?

when u use palmolive or wax remover. does it remove the clear coat? sorry if i'm a newbi at this kinda stuff. but i've never wax a car before... so let the flame begin. and i'm too tired to search or theres no articles. so flame me ur intelligent answer!
Civicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002   #2
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
clearcoat is a clear paint substance that turns hard it the element that makes our paint jobs shiny... it a protective layer on the paint it'll chip off after years, but won't come off when washing
Macko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: Macko
clearcoat is a clear paint substance that turns hard it the element that makes our paint jobs shiny... it a protective layer on the paint it'll chip off after years, but won't come off when washing[hr]
Even if you use Palmolive. That doesnt mean that Palmolive or other dishwashing soaps are good for the paint. If you only use Palmolive or you use it again and again you will dull your paint and make the paint fade. I advise against using dish soap on tha paint. If you want to remove the wax, Use the clay bar or Meguires Body Scrub....
civicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002   #4
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I actuall know of a lot of people that have never waxed there cars since they bought them I do mine often like before summer starts and so on. But yeah I wouldn't use dish soap no matter what messes up the paint

Nick
NickDaMans02Civic is offline   Reply With Quote