Fog on glass! - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2003   #31
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
I too had that problem, but since I carpeted my rear deck, no more fog on the back window!!!! I only have to clean every couple of months now, and even then, there is hardly any fog on it.

As far as the black smudges, try orange glo, or a VERY SMALL amount of Bleech White (it's whitewall tire cleaner)
Mystic3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003   #32
Registered!!

astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone have a method for reaching all parts of the back window with a wipe? It's so awkward for a tall guy like me to even get in the back seat, much less get angled to clean down by the brakelight. Any ideas, aside from hiring Mini-me to do the job?
astr033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003   #33
Master

CivicBR900EX is an unknown quantity at this point
you would have to remove the rear panel.....unless you can get a mini-me... it's not just Civics get all fogged up, WRX does too.......it reallys gets on my nerves, especially when the sun hits it.
CivicBR900EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003   #34
Master

I got a good way to get rid of fog. Very simple, I can't believe I've forgotten this trick that I learned in elementary school. spray a lil windex or similar solution on the glass, then use "newspaper, cheap recycled paper towel or blue paper towel which you can grab from most gas station and just keep wiping. Don't spray too much windex, just the minimal amount. When you do so, it's best if you have the sun light direct beams on the windshield or window so you can see the streaks and fogs.
Old 04-18-2003   #35
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
yeah get some fog cleaner. i used it couple months ago, and it went away, but i still had streaking so i stoped using it.... i guess cause theyre whipes.

im going to try the aerosol form soon.
AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003   #36
Registered!!

yoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
This happened to me too. I realized though that the fog is due to me opening my windows fully while driving. All the little dust particles from the outside sticks inside the rear window. SInce then, I always close my window when in motion and no more fog Problem solved! I think it happens on most cars but I guess when you use fog cleaners and such, it would also help. BUt if you're lazy like me, you would just close your windows so you wouldn't have to clean as much. he he
yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003   #37
Master

I finally found out what causes the fog. it's from the vinyl and plastic inside your car, the heat cooks them up. Eventually after years and years they crack.
Old 05-07-2003   #38
Registered!!

dj pyrotechnics is an unknown quantity at this point
read a few posts back and 2 other people said that. i thought i was the only one with this problem and that i was doing something wrong to make it fog up...
dj pyrotechnics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003   #39
Registered!!

Civic2k1racer is an unknown quantity at this point
i have those circle things too and my glass always fogs up, i asked honda about it, and i dont remember exactly what they told me, but they said something like the vinyl is giving off like vapor or gas or something and it will go away eventually(prob after a year or two i dunno). i noticed that civic coupes have this problem and i never seen a sedan with it.
Civic2k1racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003   #40
Registered!!

Civic2k1racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicBR900EX
I finally found out what causes the fog. it's from the vinyl and plastic inside your car, the heat cooks them up. Eventually after years and years they crack.
sorry i posted b4 u wrote ur response, anyway u r right
Civic2k1racer is offline   Reply With Quote