Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Annoying water spots!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CeaTom is an unknown quantity at this point
Annoying water spots!

Hi guys!

So I moved to a new house a couple of months ago and my baby has to sleep outside. I usually cover it when I think it is going to rain but I got caught off-guard a few times. As a result, this happened:
soooo saaaaddddd!!!!

First it really upsets me but more importantly I can’t get rid of it, I spent approximately 20 minutes rubbing it with a towel damped in soap but it’s still here.
So my question to you all week end warriors out there is:
How the F do I get rid of it?
Old 07-10-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Annoying water spots!

clean -> polish -> claybar -> sealant -> wax?

quick google search says wash -> distilled vinegar (let sit for 30-60 seconds, then rinse) -> wash -> wax (source)
Old 07-10-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Annoying water spots!

50/50 mix of white vinegar and distilled water. Soak a microfiber towel in the mix and then let the towel sit on top of the stains for a minute or so before wiping. Make sure the car is under a shaded area and cool to the touch before applying. It will not harm clear coat or paint. After stain removal rinse with distilled water and then apply whichever wax you prefer.

I live in a condo and park in an open space under an oak tree. I've had to use this method a shitload of times and as long as you catch it early and the hard water stains don't get sun-baked (etched) into the paint, then it works well.

Eteched in calcium spots that can't be removed will most likely need high grit wet sanding, buffing and polish (expensive).

Last edited by Wankenstein; 07-10-2018 at 08:46 AM.