Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

What to use to clean seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbar is an unknown quantity at this point
What to use to clean seats

Hi, have an '06 ex coupe. Previous owner did not take care of seats and they need to be cleaned bad!!! What is the process for shampooing/ cleaning the seats, arm rests, center console lid; and what products do i use. Thanks
Old 10-03-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What to use to clean seats

our seats are just dense foam with a cloth cover. remove the cover, throw it in the washer on gentle cycle with soap (let it soak for a while), then air dry and reinstall. chances are the foam is fine underneath.
Old 11-03-2012
Registered!!

dabrybry is an unknown quantity at this point

If they're cloth and you really want them to super clean afterwards and you have the time or can drive a diff car for a few days you can remove them, soak them with a hose, spray them down with some all purpose cleaner/degreaser (could ask a local detail shop if you could have/buy some) and then lightly pressure wash them. You just have to be really careful to not get too close and rip the fabric. Probably the most evasive and involved way but just thought I'd suggest it lol. Been a professional detailer for years and in my opinion nothing does a better job then just pulling the seats
Old 11-03-2012
Registered!!

dabrybry is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh just thought of another great way that is way simpler. If you have a high speed buffer and can buy a brush attachment for it, that works wonders as well. When I did that I would spray some foaming citrus cleaner (or something similar, even glass cleaner works ok) onto the seat, get all of it, dont have to soak it...but just make sure you get even saturation or when it dries it will look funky. Then set the buffer on low speed and scrub away with it.
Old 11-04-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

shark steam pocket lol
Old 01-27-2013
Registered!!

Duster is an unknown quantity at this point

Steam Cleaners works great to. Just rent them for a day, purchase the cleaners and start cleaning
Old 04-26-2013
Registered!!

Emrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think if you have cloth seats then you can wash them, but washing them more can destroy them. I think the steam cleaning is the best way to clean them. Because it have less side effects for seats and also the heat of steam can kill the germs.