Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

detailing basics

Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chickenwings is an unknown quantity at this point
detailing basics

Hey people-
whats up. new black civic starting to get dirty. that's expected with a black car... so do I wash and wax right away, or just wash and wait to wax a couple of months. also..please give me a pretty comprehensive list of products that I should purchase to keep my civic looking "showroom new" or at least good...everything from soap to wax to towels and blades..if you have time, that is.
Old 05-02-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
im not that great with detailing, but i also have a black civic.. and its a b*tch to keep clean. seems like it gets dirty/dusty every 3 days
Old 05-02-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Hey....Bad choice on colors if you dont know how to maintain it....For a black car you have to wash it once a week, and by hand not at a car wash. Make sure everything you use to wash the car is clean, including the bucket and the wash mitt. As for waxing, you dont have to wait any time to wax the car. You can do it the day you get it. When I worked at Porsche we used to wax the cars when the customers picked them up....The cars actually sit for a while in the lot before they get shipped to the dealer and then they sit in the dealers lot for a bit...so by the time you get the car....it has been sitting for at least 3 months. I would recommend washing it once a week, and Glazing and Waxing it once a month. If you want to Glaze and wax it every other week, then that would be better. Be prepared that you will see every scratch on the car....After all it is black...Read all the posts in the detailing forum...There has been some really good points made on what products to use. If you need any help or have any questions...I am here.