Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Painted pinstripe removal??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011
Ridin' Dirty!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awad619 will become famous soon enoughawad619 will become famous soon enough
Question Painted pinstripe removal??

my roommate suggested (and started to apply) acetone

it did work on the pinstripe in that section, but the finish is all dull, maybe just the wax got removed, but i hope it didnt damage the clear coat. the b*tch of it is even if it removed the wax now my clear coat is all dried out and i cant get wax for a week or two, im BROKE is a dried clear coat bad? and any other suggestions on how to remove it easily
Old 10-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Painted pinstripe removal??

body shop sanded mine off, they said solvents would permanently damage the paint. the sanding looked pretty bad at first, but i spent an hour with meguiars scratch-x and went over all the scratched areas about 50 times. the only way to notice anything is under bright fluorescent lights. otherwise under normal light it looks perfect. hopefully the acetone didnt cause too much damage. get some scratch-x and try to polish back those areas. a wax will not work at all because it does not usually have abrasives.