Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

How To Get Rid Of Bird Poop?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
How To Get Rid Of Bird Poop?!

Well it's been around 60 hours since I got my car... and I come out to just stare at my car again and I find a BIRD SH*T! Well, first bird poo to be found. All dried up. I got a wet napkin and wiped it off and it left one of those... tiny scratches that you can see in the sun light.

What's the proper way to take off bird poop?
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I have used Meguiars Quick Detailer to get it off make sure you cover the area you need to clean good and let it sit for a few secs maybe a min or two to break it up then take a clean micro fiber or terry cloth and wipe GENTLY and then turn to clean side and clear off and i would go again to make sure...its safe to use w/o water or if you wish you could always wash that area to remove the crap...up to you
TEAM REVolution
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
I would take a damp 100% cotton cloth and get the stuff off, then use a quick cleaner and if the stuff is really caked on their, use some wax after removing it.
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
also if you give your car a few coats of wax, it'll protect the paint from the tiny scratches, also the shazzot will come off easier.
Old 04-26-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough

<< I have used Meguiars Quick Detailer to get it off make sure you cover the area you need to clean good and let it sit for a few secs maybe a min or two to break it up then take a clean micro fiber or terry cloth and wipe GENTLY and then turn to clean side and clear off and i would go again to make sure...its safe to use w/o water or if you wish you could always wash that area to remove the crap...up to you
TEAM REVolution
>>

Red Dragon is right on the ball. Do not use a napkin ever on the paint, you probably caused the scratches with the napkin. Always use a damp clean towel and either wash the area with a hose and soap or soak the area with detailing spray, let it soak and get soft and then wipe it off with the towel. The light scratches you see now will require you to use rubbing compund to remove them.